- Large Bell Peppers (4)
- Stuffing For Your Bell Peppers
- Sweet Potato (1)
- Roma Tomato (2)
- Avocado (1)
- Green Giant Crumbles: Cauliflower, Broccoli, Carrots & Onion (1 cup)
- Black Beans (1 cup)
- Vegetable Broth (1 cup)
- Vegan Cheese (1/2 cup)
- Trader Joe’s Coconut Amino Acid
- Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing (optional)
- First step: Dice the sweet potato, tomatoes, and avocado then mix in a large bowl. Add vegetable broth. Do not forget to sprinkle Trader Joe’s Coconut Amino Acid for a flavor that is both savory and healthy. The amino acid is acidic, however. A couple of teaspoons will not tilt the pH scales too much.
- After simmering veggies for about 10 minutes (partly cooked) on medium heat, remove from the pan and stuff in cored-out bell peppers. Finally, place partially cooked stuffing in each bell pepper and then place all four in an oven-safe dish. Add vegan cheese on top of the bell peppers and bake for 20 minutes at 365 degrees. Why choose vegan cheese? This is a great option for those who are lactose intolerant or otherwise adhere to a dairy-free diet. It’s not just for vegans but for anyone looking to reduce fat from their diet.
- Note: For those who consume dairy and love real cheese, you can definitely use the real thing. But note that real cheese made from cow’s milk is actually highly acidic.
- Optional: Vegan Blue Cheese Topping
About Alkaline Meals
An alkaline diet is the next craze, as the word “alkaline” is the latest buzzword in health and fitness circles.
So, what is an alkaline diet? First, you need to understand pH levels in your body. Our blood is neutral with an alkaline level of 7.35 to 7.45. Interestingly enough, while our blood is slightly basic, our skin is quite acidic with a pH of 4 to 6.5.
A healthy dose of both acid and alkaline is required for normal pH levels and for our body and to remain healthy. However, an alkaline diet can help cleanse and restore pH levels in our bodies.
Eating alkaline meals mostly rich in vegetables and fruit can offer detoxing effects and help balance your pH levels. Also consider trying alkaline water that is highly alkaline to help balance your pH levels. Please see an actual licensed doctor or nutritionist for dietary advice.