- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 butternut squash (medium/large)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 2-3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice the butternut squash length-wise and place on a baking tray. Coat with half of the olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Coat the chopped onion and garlic cloves with remaining olive oil and add to the baking tray along with the squash.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until top of squash is golden brown. After about 20-30 minutes in the oven, remove the onions.
- After veggies are done baking, scoop the squash out of its shell. Add squash to a high-speed blender along with the onion, garlic, broth, coconut cream, maple syrup and nutmeg. Blend until completely smooth.
- Serve and top with a dash of salt and pepper. Enjoy!
What's your favorite soup recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for more healthy recipes? Check out other delicious nutritionist-approved 310 Nutrition recipes here!