- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6-8 cups chicken or vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked (or cauliflower rice for a low-carb alternative)
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- Salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot on high heat. Once hot, add the onion. Saute for 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the carrot and celery, saute another 3-5 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for about a minute until fragrant.
- Add the broth and rice into the pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low/medium to simmer.
- At this point, add the chicken and let cook about 20-25 minutes until rice is fully cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
What's your favorite soup? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for more healthy recipes? Check out other delicious nutritionist-approved 310 Nutrition recipes here!