While there are many different types of protein powders available, pumpkin protein is likely one that's less familiar to you. Yet, it’s one of the healthiest and most beneficial for overall wellness, body toning, and weight loss. Even though you may not see pumpkin protein on product labels as often, pay attention when you do – especially when you see it in a high-quality, organic pumpkin protein powder like 310 Shake! With its standout creamy texture and plethora of vitamins and minerals, it’s definitely a protein you should pay attention to, and consider adding into your daily diet.
In this article, we’ll go over some of the unique benefits of pumpkin protein powder and where you can find it…
What Is Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder?
Pumpkin protein comes from ground up pumpkin seeds. Though typically the seeds are high in protein and healthy fats, when made into a powder, a lot of the fat is removed, which greatly reduces the calorie count. However, a lot of the nutrients are maintained, making this protein rich in important vitamins and minerals beneficial to overall health.
As for taste and texture, pumpkin protein typically offers a creamy, luxurious texture, and slightly nutty taste on its own. However, when combined with other plant proteins and natural flavors, you likely will only notice the robust, smooth texture it provides.
How Does Pumpkin Protein Powder Compare to Other Types?
When it comes to pumpkin seed protein powder vs. other more popular types of protein powders like whey, pea, soy, and brown rice, there are definitely some important distinctions. Let’s go ahead and take a look at them…
Since whey is milk-based, this protein option isn’t suitable for vegans or vegetarians, and may be a problem for those who are lactose intolerant. Whey also has more cholesterol and saturated fat than plant-based sources, which may increase the calories. And, many find that whey is difficult to digest, and may cause gas, bloating or digestive upset when used in large amounts throughout the day.
When it comes to building lean muscle, whey stands out for its high level of BCAAs – or branched chain amino acids that are particularly useful for muscle-building – including leucine, isoleucine, and valine. However, pumpkin seed protein powder is a potent source of the amino acid L-arginine (while whey is a poor source), which studies show may help boost performance.
Brown Rice Protein
Next, brown rice protein is an amazing plant-based protein choice, especially when combined with other plant proteins like pea and pumpkin. Studies show that it’s just as good as whey to support muscle growth – but with much less calories, no cholesterol, and no digestive problems after consumption. Plus, it fits into vegan and vegetarian diets, and is suitable for those who can’t have dairy. And because of the low calorie count, it’s great for weight loss.
Pea protein is another great plant-based choice, and is also rich in branched chain amino acids. While pumpkin protein powder will likely contain more fiber and fat than pea protein, pea is still known to promote feelings of fullness, and help with weight loss. However, some note that pea protein on its own may cause slight digestive problems (though not as pronounced as whey), therefore may be more beneficial when combined with other plant proteins such as brown rice and pumpkin that are known for having little digestive side effects.
Finally, soy protein is quite controversial due to the phytoestrogens it contains, which can mimic estrogen in the human body. Soy is also one of the most widespread genetically-modified foods across the globe. When you consider that most people drink a protein powder for meals, snacks, etc. 1-3 times daily, this is the reason we don’t recommend soy as a plant-based protein powder option.
What Are the Potential Health Benefits of Pumpkin Protein Powder?
When you choose a protein powder that contains pumpkin protein, you help supply your body with vital nutrients to support complete wellness. Pumpkin seeds contain invaluable minerals manganese, magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium, and copper. In addition, they contain vitamins K, E, B2, and folate.
Pumpkin seeds are also rich in antioxidants, which we’ll talk about next, along with polyunsaturated fatty acids. And they’re a source of fiber with about 1.7g per 1-ounce serving of seeds.
2) Provides Immune-Supporting Antioxidants
Pumpkin seed protein powder may also help support strong immunity and good defenses against sickness, since it’s full of antioxidants that help reduce inflammation and protect cells from harmful free radicals.
Some of the antioxidants in pumpkin seeds include vitamin E and carotenoids, which are powerful phytonutrients that come in yellow, orange, or red fat-soluble pigments, including carotene. They are known to have powerful antioxidant properties and help protect against disease.
3) May Promote Good Sleep
Pumpkin is a great source of minerals that are important for a good night’s rest – such as zinc and magnesium. In addition, they’re a natural source of tryptophan, an amino acid that helps support good rest and sleep. Finally, the zinc in the seeds can help convert tryptophan to serotonin, which is then changed into melatonin – a hormone that regulates the sleep cycle in your body.
4) Supports a Healthy Heart
All of the antioxidants in pumpkin seeds, along with the additional nutrients like magnesium, zinc, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, and fiber, can also help keep your heart healthy.
In particular, studies have shown that pumpkin seed oil may help reduce high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels – which are risk factors for heart disease.
How To Use Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder:
You’ll find pumpkin seed protein powder in a small selection of meal replacement shakes and weight loss shakes, so consider them hidden gems among the crowd. As mentioned, pumpkin seed protein is one of the options that carries the most benefits for overall health, weight loss, and lean muscle-building, as a healthier substitution for whey-based proteins.
Why Organic Pumpkin Protein Powder?
Even more rare than finding a pumpkin protein powder on product labels, is seeing organic pumpkin protein powder. This addition of “organic” makes a big difference, especially if you’re concerned with keeping the food going into your body as clean as possible. Foods that are grown organically utilize the most natural methods of farming and harvesting possible, making them attractive for healthy lifestyles. In particular, organic foods cannot be genetically-modified, or use synthetic (or chemically-based) pesticides or fertilizers.
About 310 Organic Meal Replacement Shakes…
310 Organic Shakes comes in a variety of totally-yummy, mesmerizing flavors and boast a powerful blend of organic plant proteins and superfoods, including pea, brown rice, and pumpkin protein.
Here’s what makes 310 Shakes unique…
- Clean, Organic Ingredients – Whereas many shakes contain artificial ingredients and flavors, chemical-based additives and more, 310 Shakes are different. They contain only organic, whole food, nutritious plant-based ingredients.
- NO Sugar, 110 Calories – If you’re trying to eat healthy or lose weight, 310 Shakes are perfect. They’re sweetened naturally with Stevia and monk fruit, and contain only 110 calories per serving.
- Vegan, Keto & Paleo-Friendly – 310 Shakes meet a variety of healthy dietary plans and lifestyles, fitting into vegan, vegetarian, paleo, keto and low-carb lifestyles.
- Well-Balanced Nutrition – Each shake serving contains 15g of plant-based protein, 5g of dietary fiber, healthy fats, and a variety of immune-boosting superfood ingredients like broccoli, spinach, beet root, and turmeric powder.
- DELICIOUS flavors – 310 Shakes have a luxurious, creamy texture due to the organic pumpkin protein powder, coconut creamer, and nutritious superfoods. And they come in rich flavors like Chocolate, Vanilla, Salted Caramel, and limited-edition Pumpkin Spice! Plus, the shake also comes in an Unflavored variety if you would prefer to flavor it yourself.
- Quick & Convenient for Busy Lifestyles – Finally, you can make a 310 Shake and head out the door in minutes. They are incredibly quick and convenient for your busy lifestyle – helping you stay healthy and in line with your health and weight loss goals.
What Pairs Well With 310 Organic Shakes?
What else can you add to your daily routine that goes well with 310 plant-based superfood shakes?
- 310 Juice – This superfood juice powder tastes like delicious berries but contains over 70+ whole foods, digestive enzymes, and more in every serving. You can mix up the juice with water or toss some in your yummy smoothies!
- 310 Lemonade – These amazingly-healthy and tasty lemonades contain electrolyte minerals to help balance the body and enhance hydration, along with an energizing, caffeine-free green tea extract that may assist with weight loss. They can also help satisfy sugar cravings in a healthy way, while having no artificial sweeteners, and only natural flavorings.
- 310 Tea – These cleansing teas contain a blend of herbs known to help purify and energize the body, while helping to control appetite and promote fullness. Plus, they’re delicious!
Pumpkin Protein Frequently Asked Questions:
1) If I choose a shake with pumpkin seed protein powder, will my shake taste like pumpkin?
No, if you choose a shake with pumpkin protein powder or organic pumpkin protein powder, the shake will not taste like pumpkin. Instead, pumpkin seed protein powder gives a creamy, smooth texture, and a slightly nutty taste that will likely be overshadowed by other flavors. However, if you choose a pumpkin-flavored shake, such as 310 Pumpkin Spice Shake – you can enjoy the rich, mesmerizing fall flavors of pumpkin mixed with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and more.
2) Why is pumpkin protein a great choice for weight loss?
When you’re trying to lose weight, how much you enjoy a certain meal replacement or diet shake makes a big difference. Shakes that include pumpkin protein powder will be rich, creamy and luxurious, and full of healthy fats to help satisfy and fulfill. In addition, they will be lower in calories to help you stay within your daily calorie goals.
Interested in learning more about the most beneficial ingredients to add into your daily diet?! Check out the 310 Nutrition Blog for our ingredient-based article series so you can be empowered to choose the best healthy lifestyle products for you.