Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. If you haven't taken advantage of adding this superstar supplement into your daily routine, we're here to tell you why you should! Keep reading to learn about the amazing benefits of collagen as well as some delicious smoothie recipes that you don’t want to miss out on!
You may have heard about collagen before, or you might even be using it, (since it’s become increasingly popular), but you may still be hazy on what exactly this power-packed protein can do for you.
In this article, we’ll outline some amazing collagen benefits, including how it can potentially bolster your health and weight loss goals. We’ll also give you some delicious collagen smoothies that are both energizing and thoroughly satisfying. Read on to learn more…
Collagen Benefits: What You Need to Know
You may have heard of collagen powder, which is one way to get your daily collagen – making a great addition to smoothies and other drinks because it’s easy-to-mix and typically tasteless. Therefore, it allows you to reap the benefits of collagen while going virtually unnoticed in your beverages!
Let’s talk more about collagen… You may not have realizes that it is, in fact, the most abundant protein in your body! It can actually help to make up the structure of much of your body, being a major component of the connective tissues in your joints, ligaments, skin and muscles. It also helps to strengthen your bones, teeth, hair and nails, and can even help to ease digestive troubles.
What does this mean for you?
As you age, your body starts to produce less and less of this essential collagen. As a result, it's possible to start feeling some uncomfortable effects of aging. These may include painful joints, less flexible movement, wrinkles in your skin, or hair loss. Helping to replace the collagen in your body is therefore a great defense weapon against the breakdown of certain processes in your body as you age. It can be a great tool to help you stay strong, vibrant, and youthful as you advance in years!
Why 310 Collagen Powder?
Now that you know some of the potential benefits of collagen, let’s talk about collagen powder… which we think is one of the best ways to replenish your body’s natural collagen, daily! This is because it can be used in all your healthy beverages, including collagen smoothies!
Here is how 310 Collagen Powder, in particular, stands out…
- Pure, grass-fed bovine collagen – You can trust that the collagen used in this supplement is top of the line. The raw materials are purified and extracted in a way that preserves the vital amino acids inside. Plus, utilizing grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine helps ensure the most bio-available nutrients. And, its free from gluten, GMOs and additives!
- Types 1 & 3 collagen – Next, there are all different types of collagen protein, but 310 Collagen Powder contains types 1 and 3, which make up 90% of the collagen in your body! Therefore, you know you’re getting exactly what your body needs. In addition, these types have been shown to be particularly important for skin health.
- Superior absorption – Unlike regular collagen supplements, this one is hydrolyzed – which means that it’s broken down into smaller particles so that it’s easier to absorb. And better absorption means more potential benefits for you!
- Tasteless – This collagen powder also blends easily into your favorite drinks, and is tasteless, so won’t change the flavor of your favorite concoctions! It’s therefore ideal for making collagen smoothies!
- Supports weight loss – Finally, this collagen powder is only 43 calories per serving, so it can greatly support your weight loss goals. Plus, because it’s a protein, it can help to keep you satisfied, so you can make healthier dietary choices throughout the day.
Collagen Smoothie Benefits
Ready to reap the benefits of daily collagen protein?! You can do so easily with mouthwatering collagen smoothies! These smoothies…
- Are quick and easy to make
- Help you replenish your body’s natural collagen supply
- Support healthy, youthful skin
- Support pain-free, flexible joints
- Promote a healthy digestive system
- Keep you feeling full and satisfied for hours
Check out 5 of our favorite collagen smoothie recipes, below, which can function as deliciously-healthy desserts, energizing snacks, or nutritious full meals!
5 Collagen Smoothie Recipes
1) Blueberry Power Protein Collagen Shake
This shake has awesome, intriguing dessert potential, resembling blueberry pie with a salted caramel topping! It’s naturally-sweetened with nature’s best ingredients, yet provides a powerful punch of nutrients. This includes antioxidant-packed blueberries, and a triple punch of high-quality proteins from 310 Salted Caramel Shake, 310 Collagen Powder, and 310 Peanut Butter Powder!
Get this Blueberry Power Protein Collagen Shake Recipe here.
2) Almond Butter Protein Collagen Shake
Next, to get your chocolaty, nutty fix, this filling shake contains almond butter, frozen banana, cinnamon and unsweetened oat milk, to give it a thick and creamy taste similar to ice cream! Plus, it contains 310 Chocolate Shake and 310 Collagen for high-quality protein, bountiful nutrients, and great flavor.
Get this Almond Butter Protein Shake Recipe here.
3) Peaches and Cream Protein Collagen Shake
This Next collagen smoothie recipe is perfect for when you’re craving a deliciously-sweet and fruity dessert, but don’t want to stray from your health goals. And, because its packed with satisfying, healthy fats and protein, it will help to keep you full, energized and satisfied for hours. Some of the ingredient highlights include 310 Vanilla Shake, 310 Collagen, frozen peaches, banana, and Greek yogurt!
Get this Peaches and Cream Protein Shake Recipe here.
4) Keto Collagen Protein Shake
Next, if you're following a keto diet, this next collagen smoothie recipe is for you! Packed with ketosis-supporting healthy fats as well as a balanced protein and low carbs, it’s indulgent and richly-satisfying. Highlights include canned coconut milk, 310 Shake in the flavor of your choice, 310 Collagen, 310 MCT Oil, almond butter and cacao nibs, for a chocolaty touch!
Get this Keto Collagen Protein Shake Recipe here.
5) Morning Coffee Collagen Protein Shake
As our final collagen smoothie recipe, this java protein shake will kick up your morning or help you fight a sleepy afternoon. With 310 Mocha Shake, it also includes brewed coffee of your choice, frozen banana, vanilla extract, unsweetened almond milk, and of course, 310 Collagen Powder! It’s the perfect mix of naturally-sweet, salty and satisfying, to bring you a boost of nutrients in every sip.
Get this Morning Coffee Collagen Protein Shake Recipe here.
Which recipe are you going to try first? Let us know in the comments below!
Want more protein shake recipes? Check out other delicious, nutritionist-approved 310 Nutrition recipes here!