How to Make this Almond Milk Horchata Frappe
If your favorite thing to order at a coffee shop is a frappe, skip the line (and artificial additives), and blend up your own using nourishing whole foods with this Almond Milk Horchata Frappe! This recipe is completely dairy and gluten-free to suit a variety of dietary choices, and even offers plant-based proteins, healthy fats, and dietary fiber to fuel your body!
Learn how to prepare it below!
- 1 scoop 310 Organic Horchata Shake
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 shots of espresso, chilled
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ice
- Optional: 1 tbsp 310 Organic Salted Caramel Shake
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 260 calories
- 34g carbs
- 27g net carbs
- 8g fiber
- 8g fat
- 17g protein
What You Need to Make this Shake
The ingredients I used in this recipe are 310 Organic Horchata, 310 Organic Salted Caramel, unsweetened almond milk, chilled espresso, frozen banana, almond butter, and ice. For extra sweetness, I like adding a date!
You may be wondering how an indulgent flavor can be achieved without adding sweeteners and syrups, and the answer is with 310 Shakes! I used a scoop of Organic Horchata and a dash of Organic Salted Caramel for the perfect frappe taste, but you can omit the Salted Caramel, if desired. Formulated using Stevia and more plant-based ingredients, 310 Shakes are free from sugar and artificial additives, so you can enjoy a healthy sweet treat while balancing your health! How else can 310 Shakes support your wellness goals? See below...
- 15g of plant-based proteins from pumpkin, pea, and brown rice
- 5g of dietary fiber
- Dairy, gluten, soy, nut, and GMO-free
- Contains a blend of organic superfoods including kale, ginger, broccoli, and more
If you're like me and like customizing your drinks when you order at coffee shops, you can easily personalize this frappe to your liking and be in full control of the recipe! Here are some of my favorite alternative ingredients...
- Half Organic Horchata shake and half Organic Salted Caramel
- Full scoop of Organic Horchata
- Lower carb version: Frozen cauliflower rice instead of banana
- Add cacao nibs for chocolate chip texture
- Swap out espresso for 8oz coffee (chilled) and 1/4 cup almond milk
How to Make this Shake
To make this shake, first prepare your espresso and allow it to chill.
Once you have your chilled espresso, simply combine all the ingredients into a blender and blend for 30-40 seconds until completely smooth. After you achieve a perfectly smooth consistency, pour the finished drink into a glass, garnish with a dash of cinnamon, and enjoy!
Looking for More Recipes?
Check out other delicious, nutritionist-approved 310 Nutrition recipes here!
What are your favorite recipes using 310 Organic Horchata?! Let us know in the comments below for a chance to be featured on our blog!
In This Recipe
310 Caramel Sundae Shake
Indulge in an insanely delicious, complete superfood meal, providing well-balanced nutrition and targeted ingredients for total immune, digestive, and full-body health. View Shake »