If there's one thing you can do for your health, it's focusing on making more homemade meals! Plus, when you order less take-out, you're also doing good for your wallet. If that's not a win-win, we don't know what is! On the contrary, who wants to miss out on delicious restaurant meals?! Well, you don't have to, because we are re-creating all of your take-out favorites - starting with this General Tso's Chicken recipe!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2-4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- Cook rice according to package directions. Note: want to keep this low-carb? Swap the rice for cauliflower rice instead!
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut aminos, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, and corn starch. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium/high heat. Once hot, add chicken breast and cook 3-5 minutes each side until fully cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and cut into small pieces.
- Add broccoli into pan and saute for about 3-5 minutes until tender and bright green.
- Add chicken and sauce mixture into pan with broccoli. Mix well and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
What are your favorite take-out meals? Let us know in the comments below and we will re-create those too!
Like this recipe? Check out other delicious 310 Nutrition recipes here!