This Coconut Lime Smoothie is an extremely refreshing tropical drink that's great for hot summer days. Filled with healthy fats and a kick of lime, it's super-tasty and perfect for anyone following a keto or low-carb diet!
Keto-Friendly Coconut Lime Smoothie Recipe
It may be considered late summer already, but the heat is definitely still here to stay! Keep cool all day (and night) with this Keto-Friendly Coconut Lime Smoothie that’s bursting with flavor and full of healthy fats from coconut milk and unsweetened coconut flakes!
If you're obsessed with anything and everything coconut, this smoothie is going to be right up your alley! It tastes just like a key lime coconut cake without any of the sugars, artificial flavors, or additives... for a healthy drink that can be enjoyed as a low-carb dessert or meal.
What You Need to Make this Smoothie
In order to make this zesty smoothie, all you need is 310 Organic Unflavored or 310 Organic Vanilla, canned coconut milk ice cubes, unsweetened coconut milk, unsweetened coconut flakes, lime juice, and ice, if you so desire. The extra bit of ice adds more texture and a “slushee-like” consistency that's perfect on a hot summer day.
310 Organic Shake
For this particular recipe, both 310 Organic Unflavored and 310 Organic Vanilla are great choices to add more sustenance and nutritional value. If you want the tart lime flavor to shine through, 310 Organic Unflavored is the way to go for a bright pop of citrus. To achieve more of a dessert-like quality, use 310 Organic Vanilla, sweetened solely with Stevia and monk fruit, to transform your shake into a healthy vanilla-bean sweet treat. Both options are equally delicious, and it really just depends on what you’re in the mood for! Alternatively, you can use half a scoop of each if you can't decide.
Regardless of which flavor you choose, 310 Shakes are impressive in a variety of ways... Just take a look at some of the qualities below!
- Free from sugar, soy, gluten, dairy, GMOs, and artificial flavorings
- Vegan, keto, and paleo-friendly with only 2g net carbs per serving
- Contains 15g of plant-based proteins and 5g of dietary fiber
- Blend of powerful organic superfoods
Ways to “Shake Up” this Smoothie
This smoothie is delicious the way it is, but you can also personalize it however you’d like! Check out some ways you can “shake up” this smoothie while staying in line with keto guidelines.
- Coconut meat instead of canned coconut milk
- Coconut water instead of coconut milk for a lighter smoothie
- Lime zest for more tangy flavor
- Add berries for a low-carb fruit option
- Mango or pineapple if you’re not following keto
- Freeze the recipe into Popsicle molds for a fun summer dessert!
How to Make This Smoothie
The first step to making this luscious smoothie is freezing your canned coconut milk into ice cubes. Once you have your ice cubes, add them, along with the remaining ingredients into your blender and blend until everything is combined and smooth, making sure there are no chunks. Pour your finished smoothie into a glass and garnish with a slice of lime or lime zest, then enjoy this healthy low-carb refreshment!
- 1 scoop 310 Organic Unflavored or Vanilla
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk, frozen into ice cubes
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 lime, juiced
- Optional: 1/2 cup ice
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 288 calories
- 14g carbs
- 8g net carbs
- 18g fat
- 17g protein
What are your favorite recipes using 310 Shakes? Let us know in the comments below for a chance to be featured on our blog!
Like this recipe? Check out other delicious, nutritionist-approved 310 Nutrition recipes here!