This Protein Ice Cream is delicious, creamy, and can be made in less than 10 minutes! It's a quick and easy recipe that's also dairy and sugar-free for a nutritious ice cream swap!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake Ice Cream
We can all agree that enjoying ice cream on a summer day is one of the most satisfying things to do during the hotter weather season, but what would make it even better?! A dairy and sugar-free option that's loaded with nutrients!
Chocolate and peanut butter together just happen to be one of my all-time favorite flavor combinations, so I had to make a healthy ice cream alternative using this iconic duo. However, you can customize and create your own protein ice cream to suit your personal taste, so keep on reading for tips and tricks on how to make this healthy dessert!
What You Need To Make Ice Cream
You may be wondering how to make a nutritious ice cream and it’s actually super simple! All you need is the following…
- Frozen banana and/or other frozen fruit with a creamy consistency
- Coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk
- Your choice of flavor add-ins and toppings
To make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Ice Cream, you just need 310 Chocolate, 310 Peanut Butter Powder, peanut butter, frozen bananas, and coconut cream. Finish it off with your favorite toppings like nuts, fruits, or shredded coconut. The possibilities are endless!
As mentioned previously, you can customize this recipe however you’d like to recreate your favorite ice cream flavors. Once the ice cream base is made from frozen bananas (or other frozen fruits), the rest is up to you to personalize. Below are some additional flavor combos that I find super satisfying and indulgent if you’re looking for some inspiration!
- Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: 310 Vanilla, frozen banana, coconut cream, cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- Chunky Monkey Ice Cream: 310 Vanilla, frozen banana, coconut cream, cacao nibs, walnuts
- Double Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: 310 Chocolate, frozen banana, coconut cream, cacao powder, cacao nibs or chocolate chips
High Protein Add-Ins
Next, let’s talk about how you can incorporate more protein into your ice cream while adding additional flavor!
- 310 Shake: Add plant-based protein, fiber, probiotics, and essential vitamins and minerals to your ice cream with 310 Shakes! With a variety of different flavors like vanilla, chocolate and salted caramel, you can easily change your ice cream flavor while fueling your body with nutritious ingredients.
- 310 Collagen: For even more protein, add a scoop of 310 Collagen into your ice cream to help support strong joints and glowing hair, skin, and nails. 310 Collagen is flavorless, so it’s a great option to add to your ice cream without altering the taste.
- Nut Butters: Add your favorite nut butter for additional creaminess and nuttiness as well as a boost of protein! I recommend peanut butter for a strong, nutty flavor and cashew butter for a milder flavor.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a fantastic ingredient to add for a thick and velvety texture! Not to mention, it’s packed with nutrients.
How to Make Ice Cream
Finally, let’s go over how you can make this healthy ice cream alternative! First, peel your bananas and store them in the freezer overnight. Feel free to prep large quantities - frozen bananas are incredibly versatile and you can use them in your smoothies as well!
Once your bananas are frozen and you're ready to make your ice cream, cut them into smaller chunks. This will help the blending process. Combine the coconut cream, frozen banana chunks, and peanut butter into the blender. Blend all three ingredients on a low speed, stopping frequently to scrape down the sides with a spatula. If you find your ingredients clumping together or have a hard time reaching a smooth consistency, add a bit more coconut cream and continue blending.
Once everything is blending smoothly, add 310 Chocolate and 310 Peanut Butter Powder and continue blending at a low speed until the powder is thoroughly mixed in. Serve in a bowl, garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake Ice Cream
Prep time: 3 minutes
Blend time: 5 minute
Total time: 8 minutes
Serves about 4
- 3 scoops 310 Chocolate
- 4 tbsp 310 Peanut Butter Powder
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut cream
- Start by slicing the frozen bananas into small chunks. This will help the blending process.
- Add 1/4 cup coconut cream into the blender. Then add the banana chunks and peanut butter.
- Start blending on a low speed. Frequently stop the blender to scrape down the sides. If you're having a hard time blending, add a little more coconut cream.
- Once it's blending smoothly, add the 310 Chocolate and 310 Peanut Butter Powder. Blend again until the powder is all mixed in - making sure the speed is still low so the "ice cream" stays thick.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 295 calories
- 37g carbs
- 28g net carbs
- 11g fat
- 18g protein
What dessert recipes do you make with 310 Shake? Let us know in the comments below for a chance to be featured on our blog!
Like this recipe? Check out other delicious, nutritionist-approved 310 Nutrition recipes here!