Transform your favorite pie into a healthy sweet treat with this Low-Carb Chocolate Pie Crust! Made with whole food, clean ingredients, this recipe is full of nutrition for a holiday treat everyone can enjoy!
Low-Carb Chocolate Pie Crust Recipe
Reimagine your favorite pie with a healthy, chocolaty twist! With the holidays just around the corner, this Low-Carb Chocolate Pie Crust is the best base for your favorite pie fillings. Although regular pie crust itself is not as sugary as most desserts, it's still loaded with butter and a decent amount of sugar to create a moist and flaky texture. As for the filling, there are several options that I will go over to cut down on added sugars and butter, for a dessert that is delicious and guilt-free.
Using a mix of 310 Organic Chocolate and coconut flour rather than regular processed white flour, this pie crust only has 5g of carbs per slice and even has healthy fats from coconut oil. Ready in under 30 minutes, you can easily whip up this pie crust and your choice of filling for a quick dessert at any time, even during the weekday. There are so many ways you can utilize this recipe, so don’t forget to bookmark this page to save!
What You Need to Make this Pie Crust
If you’re not a baker, I assure you this recipe uses simple ingredients and is easy to follow! All you need is 310 Organic Chocolate, coconut flour, keto-friendly sugar, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt.
310 Organic Chocolate
Although this is a chocolate pie crust, you can easily change the flavor to complement the filling you’re using. 310 Organic Vanilla, Pumpkin Spice, or Salted Caramel all work amazing in this recipe, so take your pick!
Regardless of what flavor you decide to use, 310 Shakes are great to include in recipes to add immense nutrition and taste to your baked goods. 310 Shakes are naturally-flavored and sugar-free, helping you cut out added sugars and artificial ingredients while maintaining a dessert-like quality. They also contain a plethora of essential nutrients to fuel your body. Below are just some key points that make these shakes unbeatable!
- Formulated with vegan and organic ingredients
- Free from sugar, dairy, soy, gluten, nuts, and GMOs
- 15g of plant-based proteins derived from pumpkin, brown rice, and pea
- Vegan, keto, and paleo-friendly
How to Create a Healthy Pie Filling
Whether you’re looking for a fruity, nutty, or chocolaty filling, there are several ways you can create a nourishing and yummy center for your pie crust using whole food ingredients! Most fillings can be whipped up in a matter of minutes and just need time to set in the fridge afterwards. Below are some options I recommend that are super indulgent yet still aligned with your wellness goals…
- Coconut key lime pie filling
- Chocolate avocado mousse filling
- Banana cream filling
- Peanut butter pie filling
These fillings typically use coconut cream or avocado to create a silky texture, while being a great source of healthy fats!
Ready to get started on baking? See the full recipe and instructions below…
- 1/4 cup 310 Organic Chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp keto-friendly sugar (Recommendation: Lakanto or Swerve)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a pie pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the 310 Organic Chocolate, coconut flour, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough into the pie pan and start pressing it out with your fingers until the bottom and sides of the pan are evenly covered.
- Using a fork, poke holes throughout the pie crust to make air sockets.
- Add your filling to the pie and then place in the oven for about 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 slice (recipe makes about 12 slices)
- 95 calories
- 5g carbs
- 3g net carbs
- 2g fiber
- 7g fat
- 3g protein
What filling are you going to add to this pie crust? Let us know in the comments below for a chance to be featured on our blog!
Like this recipe? Check out other delicious, nutritionist-approved 310 Nutrition recipes here!